Inheriting money can be a significant event in your life, and it’s essential to know what to do next. Navigating the emotions associated with the loss can be hard enough, let alone dealing with financial decisions that will impact your future.
In this episode, Zach Binzer, CFP®, and Ryan English, MBA, CFA, CPA, CFP®, discuss the steps needed to navigate the inheritance process. From understanding the estate planning documents to how to divide up assets, this episode is here to help you when life takes over.
Zach and Ryan share more about:
- The importance of understanding the assets making up your loved one’s estate
- Breaking down the complexities of an estate before decisions are made
- Distribution considerations like taxes and timing
- Why keeping your beneficiary designations up to date is important
- And more
Article: What Do I Do With Inheritance Money?
Connect With Ryan English and Zach Binzer:
- Foster & Motley
- Zach T. Binzer, CFP®
- Ryan English, MBA, CFA, CPA, CFP®
- LinkedIn: Zach Binzer
- LinkedIn: Ryan English
- LinkedIn: Foster & Motley